Located in Belgium, DM Residence (2013) by CUBYC Architects BVBA | The Hardt
Located in Belgium, DM Residence (2013) by CUBYC Architects BVBA. With this house, we tried to create a residence by a continuous play of coupled volumes, all interacting with each other. That play gives the inhabitants different perspectives and spatial experiences. All living areas are visual with each other, and with the wooded area connected, but you have to find out these connections in phases. Each room has its own perspective. Doors and window frames are as minimal as possible present.
The office of the house has its own internal courtyard, the living room is connected to a walled pond and the kitchen opens onto the covered terrace with Jacuzzi and fireplace. The main terrace integrates a large swimming pool, clad with the same tiles of the flooring and the facade. Besides the office, the house accommodates a media room, a fitness room, a Hamman and pool and a garage for four cars. The facades are clad with ceramic tiles, in random vertical strips due to maintainability in a wooded area. The tiles give the house a burst of white in the rather dark wood. The ceramic tiles gave us the opportunity to use them consequently in facades, inner and outer flooring.
© Koen Van Damme
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- Tahan Villa (2013) by BLANKPAGE Architects
- Casa Invisible (2013) by Delugan Meissl Associated Architects
- Two houses in Monção (2013) by João Paulo Loureiro
- Desert Courtyard House (2013) by Wendell Burnette Architects
- St Vincents Place Residence by B.E. Architecture
- Private House by interior designer Annabell Kutucu located in Ibiza, SpainPrivate House by interior designer Annabell Kutucu […]
- Headquarters of the architecture and design studio Sanahuja & PartnersLocated in Calle Denia, Valencia, Headquarters of the […]
- Mountain Cabin (2011) by Marte.Marte ArchitektenMountain Cabin (2011) by Marte.Marte Architekten, […]