Located in Avaré, Brazil, Ownerless House nº 01 (2015) by Vão | The Hardt
Located in Avaré, Brazil, Ownerless House nº 01 (2015) by Vão. The Ownerless House nº 01 is the first of three contiguous lands bought by the client with the intent of building investment houses in Avaré, a city in the interior of São Paulo. The single-family housing projects usually turn to desires and particularities of the clients but in this case, the client being only an intermediary to the future resident, the program and space should be flexible enough to accommodate the most diverse families dynamics. Get at the link in bio to check the rest of the project. The entire project was designed not as an object but as a route back to the interior with alternating open and closed spaces where natural light and reflections change according to the time and the season. Viewed externally, the house presents itself as a sculpted recess into the built mass, where the leaning red wall directs the perspective to the beginning of the journey.
The living, dining and kitchen areas are spread out over a courtyard located in the center of the plan which, surrounded by large panels of glass, dilutes the limits by integrating them visually. Both the patio and its extension, a lowered floor of hydraulic tiles, are covered by a continuous pergola. These pergola elements were prefabricated individually on the bed and later assembled in order to facilitate assembly and save on shapes and struts. This technique was rescued from studies of the work of the Brazilian architect Rino Levi, where the architect uses the prefabricated elements of concrete in residences in the capital to create light entrances in the middle of the slab.
© Pedro Kok
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- House for Installation (2014) by Jun Murata JAM
- Casa Ovalle-Salinas (2011) by Jorge Figueroa Asociados
- East House (2012) by Peter Rose + Partners
- Summerhill Residence (2008) by Edmonds + Lee Architects
- Can Limona (2017) by Mesura
- Triangle Cliff House by Matthias ArndtTriangle Cliff House by Matthias Arndt | The Hardt […]
- House In Eifukucho (2011) by Upsetters ArchitectsSituated in Tokyo, Japan, House In Eifukucho (2011) by […]
- Tepozcuautla House (2015) by grupo arquitecturaTepozcuautla House (2015) by Grupo Arquitectura […]