Join my newsletter that I've sent out one time since building this site. Maybe i'll start sending one out.
Private House by David Chipperfield Architects located in London’s Kensington | The Hardt
Private house by David Chipperfield Architects located in London’s Kensington, off Brompton Road in the Brompton Square Conservation Area. The building’s structure is made of in-situ concrete with an 8.5 in (215mm) brick skin, and precast concrete soffits and sills. The visible concrete has colored red to match the bricks and has an exposed aggregate finish. All exterior door and window frames are generous in size and made of bronze. The main materials inside include travertine floors, oak doors and fittings, and polished plaster walls. Several rooms have been lined with different materials to emphasize their function: a small alcove-like space on the piano nobile is covered with deep red leather panels; the walls of the spa are patterned with vertical obeche wood strips.
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- Home in Mitre (2016) by Bajet Giramé
- House In Juso by ARX Portugal + Stefano Riva
- Abitazione Privata Urgnano by Matteo Casari Architetti
- The Crow’s Nest by AR Design Studio
- Poli House by Pezo von Ellrichshausen
- Alpine Barn Apartment (2015) by OFIS Architects
- S-House (2013) by Yuusuke Karasawa Architects
- Hutong House Renovation by ARCHSTUDIO
- The Timber House from KÜHNLEIN Architektur
- Xólotl House (2018) by Architectural Point