Venice House by Sebastian Mariscal Studio, located in Venice, CA. USA | The Hardt
Venice House by Sebastian Mariscal Studio, located in Venice, CA. USA. The design combines the concepts of “Interior/Exterior Living” that take into account human interaction and space & energy reduction. This is achieved through the integration of strategically placed outdoor rooms that create harmonious transitions from inside to out. Sebastian Mariscal’s “Venice House” project features an interesting concept in the balancing between the interior and exterior of the house; blurring the lines of indoor and outdoor living. Each section has been neatly integrated into the natural landscape, and no form of nature was compromised during the construction as the existing trees in the plot of land remained intact in the design process, furthering the theme of natural integration.
Each room in the house corresponds to the nearby outside space and has been built with natural daylight, shadows, and reflections in mind for unique lighting situations. Additionally, the size of each room and section has been scaled down for intimate usage, such that guests and residents can enjoy a reliable sense of privacy. Rounding out the amazing architectural design is a main living area hidden by a series of sliding doors which fold into a pocket, allowing a natural breeze to flow in the space of the home.
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- Y1 House by Werner Sobek
- House in La Rufina (2013) by Santiago Carlos Viale + Daniella Beviglia
- S-House (2013) by Yuusuke Karasawa Architects
- LT House (2016) by Tropical Space
- Black House (2017) by AR Design Studio
- House in Colares II by Frederico Valsassina Arquitectos situated in Colares, PortugalHouse in Colares II by Frederico Valsassina […]
- Naked House by Taller Estilo Arquitectura located in Barrio de Santiago, MexicoNaked House by Taller Estilo Arquitectura located in […]
- House In Kakinokizaka by Satoshi OkadaHouse In Kakinokizaka by Satoshi Okada, located in one […]