Join my newsletter that I've sent out one time since building this site. Maybe i'll start sending one out.
Hirschhorn’s work has been the subject of numerous solo exhibitions including the Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston; Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris; Museu d’Art Contemporani, Barcelona; Kunsthaus Zürich; Art Institute of Chicago; Museum Ludwig, Cologne; and Wiener Secession, Vienna. In the summer of 2009, his work Cavemanman was recreated for the exhibition Walking in my Mind at London’s Hayward Gallery.
- Born in Bern, Switzerland
- Schule für Gestaltung, Zurich
- Preis für Junge Schweizer Kunst, juried by Zürcher Kunstgesellschaft Exposition Wirtschaftslandschaft Davos, 2001 at the Kunsthaus Zürich
- Prix Marcel Duchamp, juried by l’Adiaf, Paris
- “Rolandpreis für Kunst im öffentlichen Raum,” awarded by Stiftung Bremer Bildhauerpreis, Bremen
- Joseph Beuys-Preis, awarded by Joseph Beuys-Stiftung, Basel
- Lives in Paris, France
Aesthetically Related Projects: