Ferreries Cultural Centre by [Arquitecturia] located in Tortosa, Spain | The Hardt
Ferreries Cultural Centre by [Arquitecturia] located in Tortosa, Spain. The old local market of Ferreries, after falling into disuse for several years, has been restored and extended to become the new 26,855 ft² (2,495 m²) Cultural Center of this neighborhood. The main old nave of Ferreries market it’s preserved and through its extension a new transition space is generated in order to enable the connection between the existing building and Joan Monclús square; furthermore, the elevation that defines this public space is completed | The old nave gets involved to the public space intertwining its interior to the exterior through a new access. The Joan Monclús’ Square intervention solves the access to the existing building in terms of slope, at the same time gives the option to carry out open-air activities related to the Cultural Center.
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- Casa Ovalle-Salinas (2011) by Jorge Figueroa Asociados
- House for Installation (2014) by Jun Murata JAM
- Around Fireplace (2014) by Ruetemple
- Gershenson House (2012) by Roman Gonzalez Jaramillo
- House Studio in Sangenjaya by Suppose Design Office