Join my newsletter that I've sent out one time since building this site. Maybe i'll start sending one out.
Smart move, you wont regret signing up! Love you
Hmmm... something isn't right here...
I respect your privacy and will protect it with my life!
Located in Bruges, Belgium, House Roces by Govaert & Vanhoutte Architects | The Hardt
Located in Bruges, Belgium, House Roces by Govaert & Vanhoutte Architects. The house is built along a wall with the intention to meet the lack of light and reflect the presence of the forest, the verticality of the trees, etc. The 177 ft (54m) long wall functions as a background for the transparent volume in front. The wall is not only visible on the outside, but also continuously visible at the inside. As the transparent volume is conceived as a box, the inside space is filled in with clearly defined boxes and volumes and incorporate the structural elements.
– One to give access to the underground parking place
– One to develop the half-underground swimming pool
– And one to give access, at the backside of the house, to the master bedroom and annex bathroom
– On the level of the garden, there is the income, kitchen, dining room and fireplace situated. The kitchen can be separated from the dining room with a big sliding door.
– The bedroom section of the children and the master bedroom are situated one above the other and put in a split-level with the living room which has one and a half height
In front of the master bedroom, we have a secondary sitting room which spatial makes the conversion to the handled levels.
– A slope guarantees the connection between the living room and the bedroom section of the children.
– Under the living room and kitchen is the underground parking situated. To put this underground was also of main importance in order to reduce the build volume above the ground level, this in relation to the disposable space and give the house the visual impression of a big pavilion.