New Concrete House in Brissago (2013) by Wespi De Meuron Romeo Architects located in Brissago, Switzerland | The Hardt
A simply cut monolith in washed concrete, which is docked directly to the road, rises from the natural topography of the slope. Two cars are parked almost directly on the roof. The visitor is guided down along a linear alleyway to the entrance door. An entrance courtyard is located directly behind the wooden entrance gate. Across this courtyard, one enters the house on the top floor and will be received by the kitchen with a long dining table and an open fireplace. Already when entering, the room open itself to the landscape, the “Lago Maggiore” and the mountains. The entrance door and the glass front to the court can completely be a shift into the wall so that the outside and the interior space flows together in the summertime. Lift and staircase lead to the lower floors.
At the floor beneath is located the additional living area, with living room, fireplace, library, and TV, as well as a covered outdoor terrace and a generous courtyard with natural stone pavement, two olive trees, and a fountain. Means wide openings to the court and to the outside, exterior and Interior, landscape and architecture forms a unity. The inside participates to the court, like the court participates in the landscape, offering spectacular views. The court can be closed by two wooden gates, which generate a secure feeling. This court becomes The Hardt of the house; different paths join together here, like in a historic village. On both sides of the court walkways and stairs lead down to the large garden terrace with swimming pool and outdoor kitchen.
On the two lower floors of the house are placed three bedrooms and the baths, as well as fitness room and a sauna; they are also connected to the garden and swimming pool by appropriate exits. Due to its spatial diversity, complex relationships between interior and exterior spaces, diverse path choice, this house can be experienced like a historic village.
Photos by ©️ Hennes Henz
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- House in La Rufina (2013) by Santiago Carlos Viale + Daniella Beviglia
- House Lot 75 (2013) by Office Winhov
- Stone House Transformation in Scaiano by Wespi de Meuron Romeo Architects
- House in Lisbon (2013) by ARX Portugal Arquitectos
- The Hanging Rock House by Six Degrees Architects
- City Villa S3 (2014) by Steimle ArchitektenLocated in Tübingen, Germany, City Villa S3 (2014) by […]
- YA House by Kubota Architect Atelier located in JapanYA House by Kubota Architect Atelier located in Japan […]
- Kivik Pavilion (2008) by David Chipperfield & Anthony GormleyKivik Pavilion (2008) by David Chipperfield & […]