Santa Clara 1728 by Aires Mateus located in Lisbon, Portugal | The Hardt
Santa Clara 1728 by Aires Mateus located in Lisbon, Portugal. Love this space, housed inside an 18th-century pile on one of Lisbon’s most romantic squares, Santa Clara 1728 is the fourth in a string of slick design-led properties from hotelier João Rodrigues. Perched atop one of the city’s seven hills, overlooking the Pantheon and the Tagus River beyond, the hotel has been designed by magicians of minimal Aires Mateus, whose clean, modern interiors are refreshing trimmings to the building’s ancient walls; worn, limestone stairs lead to the guestrooms, where coarse linens, pale woods, and furnishings by designer Antonio Citterio come together in a neutral palette boosted by a graceful duck egg blue.
The goal was to construct a building that reflects the living experience of the city. A search, not done by the reproduction of traditional elements, but by a recombination of elements, materials, atmospheres, and proportions, to bring back this idea of living. A plain architecture, that combines few elements, while striving for quality in the use of real materials. An idea of authenticity and, therefore, an idea of timelessness.
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- The House with Views by Takashi Yamaguchi & Associates
- Sunday House (2016) by Teeland Architects
- Pearl Bay Residence by Gavin Maddock Design Studio
- Summerhill Residence (2008) by Edmonds + Lee Architects
- DE BAEDTS House (2016) by Architektuuburo Dirk Hulpia
- Situated in Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam, Bb Home by H&P ArchitectsSituated in Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi, Vietnam, Bb […]
- Tred Avon River House by Robert M. Gurney ArchitectTred Avon River House by Robert M. Gurney Architect […]
- Casa Y (2012) by F:L Architetti Located just outside of Turin, Italy Casa Y (2012) by […]