Hilltop House in Pasadena, CA by Ladd/Marmol Radziner located in Pasadena, California | The Hardt
Hilltop House in Pasadena, CA by Ladd/Marmol Radziner located in Pasadena, California. The Hilltop House and Studio were originally designed by architect Thornton Ladd in 1953. Spread over five acres, the mountaintop retreat is comprised of a 6,700 ft² (622 m²) square foot house and a 1,300 ft² (120 m²)square foot detached studio. The resident of the studio converted the space into a modern guest house. Ladd’s original design integrated indoor and outdoor spaces and took advantage of the dramatic views. The owner’s interest in Japanese architecture and design informed the choice of interior materials – warm woods including cedar and maple for the floors and ceilings, furnished with tatami mats.
Aesthetically and Geographically Related Projects:
- House in Hiro by Suppose Design Office
- Hutong House Renovation by ARCHSTUDIO
- Entrepinos Housing (2017) by Taller Hector Barroso
- Casa Alta (2012) by AS/D Asociacion de Diseño
- Haus Hitz by Paul Pointecker and Rainer Köberl